Journal For The Heart

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sleepy Mummy

The past few nights... and nap times are a constant struggle for Tim and i. I guess today is the third day in a row. Tim doesn't get to sleep that easily anymore and he would cry his heart out whilst closing his eyes, tossing around and getting up at the same time. He would want to nurse constantly and i think i felt contraction many times when he nurses for an extended period of time.

It gets pretty frustrating as i have to try to calm him down, nurse whilst lying down and still couldn't get him to tell me what he wants or why he is feeling uncomfortable. I got really upset and spanked his right thigh and he kept on sobbing... *sigh* okay... that really didn't help. at all... I feel so lousy after doing that. Sometimes, when i wander off for time-out... he would follow me around.... still crying his heart out.

*sigh*... here he goes again....

(After 5 mins)

You see what i mean? He kept waking up, wailing non stop and theres nothing much i can do but pat him back to sleep. Nursing can be very painful now and scary as i am feeling contraction when i nurse him for too long.

I really hope that this is a phase... it could be attributed to many things- having too much activity during the day, tummy ache, hunger, insecurity, rash, discomfort, thirst.... *sigh* these are the few things that i can think of... and i try my best to maintain my cool. Having to wander to and fro his room and ours is not fun when you are called in so many times in the night. I tried to nap with him this afternoon... same thing happened within 45 min of sleep... I suspected gut pain. Rubbed his tummy with oil and he fell asleep almost immediately. When he finally did it again after 2 hours of sleep... i gave up trying. Troy wandered to the room, gave Tim a cuddle and all is well... Charming.... i wonder how Troy does that. Tim used to be able to sleep from half past 1 to about half past 4... and i love to have that 3 good hours to have some 'me' time... seems like he is growing out of it :?

It scares me to anticipate what would it be like when both kids cry at the same time and wanting attention... :( Especially when we want to room them in together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home